Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Training Saturday


We went to a local tennis court Saturday night. It was only in the 40's!! Brrr!! Orion did very well considering how cold and dark it was out. We went about 5 PM. I was trying goat cheese as a treat, and he definitely likes hot dogs and cheese better. Oh well. :) We worked on stays first. And not thinking I was asking him for downs!! Yikes! Awful cold for him to being downs. He did the first couple, and then some sits, and then get more hesitant about lying down. That's when it dawned on me how cold it was! Of course he wouldn't want to down on the cold ground! I wouldn't either. His stays were decent, I would get almost 20 ft. away and walk back. He kept breaking right before I got back to him. I'm assuming this was happening mostly because he was cold. I wouldn't feed him until he returned to the position I had clicked him for. After our stays we played for while with a squeaky toy and practiced "drop it"'s. Then I worked briefly on choose to heel, before decided it was too cold to really accomplish anything, and we left. He did well on choosing to heel. We did a couple of recalls in the parking lot, and he did well with that too. :) Pretty good for freezing cold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home