Saturday, August 05, 2006

Orion's naked again!


And clearly unhappy!! LOL! He looks like a different dog. (see before and after pics above) My clippers broke months ago, so I finally went out and bought a new cheap pair, and buzzed him down. So he got a bath and a clip and he's not happy. We think he feels self-conscious all naked (there's about a 1/4 inch left!) :O. Oh well, it'll grow back soon enough. In other news, :) I really feel like we have reached a new level of trust with one another. He's doing so well in L2 this time around, and actually having fun. I think the trick is interspersing fun tricks that he likes in between practicing the boring stays and stuff he doesn't like. This past Wed. I put his standing on his hind legs on cue, eventually I want to turn it into him walking and spinning on his hind legs, maybe that will be our trick (we are supposed to teach a trick for graduation night) at the end of class. He was so excited to learn that. I used to say when I first got him that he spent as much time on his back legs as he did on all 4, and now we can do it on cue, yeah! I really think he was thinking that it was about time I put that behavior on cue, because I think he really likes to do it. Silly pup. He also did very well at agility on Wed. I'm very happy with him and so glad to think back and see the huge amount of progress he has made in the almost 18months I have had him. He is a great dog and exactly what I want. I love you Orion! (sorry for the sappy moment - it won't happen again! lol)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home