Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Smile

So for the past two days I've been working on smile with him, and he gets it pretty good. I've kinda been luring it most of the time, but he does offer it without the lure, after a few times. Someone suggested that dogs sometimes smile right before they take a piece of food. So I started with offering him small pieces of treats and clicking for the front lip lift. Now his smiles are a little bigger, I'm being choosier about rewarding only the bigger tooth displays, and I don't have to lure right in front of his face, I can do it for a much greater distance. He's doing well though, maybe I'll starting adding "smile" as a cue tomorrow. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Amstaffie said...

Wow, Orion, you are so smart! My mommie just taught me how to bow, but sometimes I get lazy & just lay on down!

Maybe your mommie can take a picture to show us your beautiful smile!

~Woof!
Storm

PS: How did you get your name? Is it because of the constellation? Orion is mommies favorite constellation, next to seeing Jupiter & Saturn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home